Thursday, November 16, 2006

Do You Haiku?

This is my first Haiku in samskRtam. I have a few insignificant ones in English.

pUrNachandrika
swapna manDalam
chittaja rAgamAlika

The fullmoon light
In the fantasy world
A heart-born ode


I like this one very much for its inherent musical touch. purNachandrika is a karNAtik rAga. The famous tyAgaraja kIrtana "telisi rAma chintana" is in this rAga. rAgamAlika is usually a composition with each stanza in a different rAga.

SiSira Rtu
chAtakAyAh nirIkshaNa
kArtIka dIpam

Cold dark season
The bird's longing
For winter lamps


The next one is just a fluke. I was trying to maintain the 5-7-5 syllable rule. Dont think too hard about it. I failed to include a good hidden meaning into it. Very seasonal in nature. Please ask if you cannot decipher the language.
Hope to post more haikus in samskRtam soon.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Nov 28, 2006, 6:23:00 AM, Blogger Random Lord said...

Simple crisp and nice, but why don't you write some in Tamizh/Telugu (Sorry, I don't remember your mother tongue)

 
At Jan 18, 2007, 1:40:00 PM, Blogger Nandi23 said...

can you add a translation for this please? I don't understand.

 
At Jan 18, 2007, 2:32:00 PM, Blogger Sirisha said...

My bad :( Will add now.

 
At Jan 18, 2007, 9:51:00 PM, Blogger Nandi23 said...

thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home